Tuesday, April 18, 2017

OH so cute Owl

Hey Everyone, Beck Beattie here today with a sweet off the page project share.  

A little while ago I picked up this cute wooden Owl at my local Kaisercraft outlet.  I have been dying to use it and I knew some Bella! papers teamed up with my Shimmerz products would look perfect for what I had in mind.


Products Used:

Shimmerz Vibes Spray - Hot Fudge
Shimmerz Spritz Spray - Cotton Candy
Shimmerz Texturez - Sandy Stone

Bella! New York Paperz - Chevron
Bella! Raw & Rustic Paperz - Valentine
Bella! Raw & Rustic Paperz - Bunting
Ruby Rock-it 'Bolt' floral
Bella! Bling - Hearts
Bella! Bling - Small Borderline
Kaisercraft Wooden Owl
Assorted metal flowers and embellishments
Assorted lace trim

I created a video for you to watch it come together, it was sure fun creating it!  If you want to head over to my blog you can check the video out HERE

I love how my Shimmerz products really helped me match in the various products I wanted to use to create my sweet owl.

The base for my project is a sweet Kaisercraft Owl that I recently picked up at my local outlet store.  After choosing my pattern papers to use, I stitched them together with a wide but close together zig-zag stitch and adhere them to the owl.  I used a sanding block to remove the excess paper from the wood.  This is best shown in my video.


To create the eyes I sprayed the yellow 'Bolt' flowers with the Shimmerz 'Hot Fudge' spray and layered with metal flowers and embellishments using silicone adhesive.  I also used Silicone adhesive to adhere them to the wooden owl


Next I colored up the lace trim using the Shimmerz Vibes and Spritz sprays along with the Texturez paste for this divine glimmery color.


Additionally I colored up the chipboard pieces using the same Vibes spray in Hot Fudge for the lovely dark brown color it became.


My Shimmerz products really helped me match in the decorative flowers, trim and chipboard I used to embellish the owl.

I hope you enjoyed my share today and I might have inspired to you go a little 'off the page' and create something fun and a little different!

Happy Crafting!

No comments: